Friday 29 January 2010

O's BSJ in Action

Finally, a Baby Surprise Jacket ( toddlerised ) that fits O and will for awhile.


I am still in love with knitting this amazing pattern, even after knitting three, with wool for more but then I have more wool for most things !
And how much do I LOVE a pattern that requires so very little sewing up, 2 shoulder seams and thats it .. yes really thats it.


O is pretty happy with it too and loves the buttons.


These gorgeous buttons, made by my very talented friend Gill, fit with the jacket so well.


Pattern for the BSJ here - http://www.schoolhousepress.com/

Lots of help and advice with pattern to be found on Ravelry - http://www.ravelry.com

Toddlerising help here - http://zigzagstitch.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/the-toddlerized-bsj/

Can anyone point me in the direction for the Elizabeth Zimmermann childs hooded jacket ( the tomten ) .. am itching to give that a go.

7 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Beautiful top! :)

Jacqui said...

love it so much :) xx

sue said...

Oh my how much do I love that gorgeous jacket :)
xxx

lucy said...

what a beautiful top x

kate said...

Love it! PS evidently you are on Ravelry, which i don't think i knew...what is your name there? Friend me, i am katebaloh there.

Lynn said...

Hello!
what a beautiful jacket : )
I really enjoy EZ's writing & patterns. She is a genius!
thank you for stopping by my blog.
LX

Elisa said...

I found it! Been looking through all your knitting labels to find the jacket. It is such a nice one. I will definitely make one.