Wednesday 31 March 2010

30 Days of Beauty : 23 ( The Baking Edition )

When my littlest guy was poorly recently, we fell ( far too easily ) into having the TV on during the day, Cbbeebies was a huge hit especially I Can Cook.

So when O was better ( and the TV switched back off ) we set about having our own I Can Cook session.
I measured everything out in bowls and then gently guided O with his baking.
Firstly he made Banana Bread.


Those little hands were so capable, so clever, so skillful.

The start of a Mama-Made gift for a friend, who adores Battenburg Cake.


O's Banana Bread, ready to share with his Woodland Group friends.



A tray of feta cheese filled savouries, O loved making and eating these.
His pride at sharing his goodies with family and friends is wonderful to see and so worth all the clearing and washing up after.

7 comments:

Ariella said...

what a beautiful post!! Baking with children really is wonderful. such a sweetness in your photos.
I posted a photo of the little bird you made on my blog today!

Hannah said...

Ah - so that's where the sunshine is!
Lovely post :o)

devonmama said...

We've made those feta savories, H loved them too! I love to see these little people creating x

Scented Sweetpeas said...

yummy, well done O :-)

Dawn said...

Oh, I must try the feta savories - they look and sound lovely.

Have seen the cbeebies show a few times, I hope you both did the "pinchy fingers" and the like :-)
Much nicer to be baking with mama than watching others baking on tv.

Tammy said...

Good for O! What fun this must have been to be involved in the baking. :)

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so good.