Wednesday 18 August 2010

Nature Treasure Boxes

O's decorated treasure box.

An adventure to our friend's lovely wood to fill it, with things from nature ( mmm orange is abit doubtful ! ) matching up the colours painted at the bottom of each section.


Leaves, berries, wild plums ... the wood was a larder of treasures.

We looked at soft and hard, smooth and spikey.
O at nearly 3, loved this activity, chasing round the wood to find his goodies, so very proud when he had found all the sections.
Inspired by the lovely Kelly and her boys http://freeflowingways.blogspot.com/



6 comments:

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

What a marvellous idea! I'm going to jot this down for use with my kindergarten class this fall! Love it.

TwigandToadstool said...

Thank you for reminding me about this lovely idea! I remember seeing it before and thinking "how fantastic", then putting it in the reserve file. Well...no time like the present! We'll be doing a treasure hunt in the next day or two!
xo maureen

Susan said...

Dearest Denise~Thanks for giving me an idea to do with Ari and Maddie when I visit. Kelly would love this and I love you, Susan

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!!

denise said...

Oh, we love color boxes. So much fun and the colors can change through the seasons, keeping it new and fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Great Job, that turned out Nice...