Wednesday 19 August 2015

Farming Socks - Yarn Along

Joining in with Ginny over at http://www.gsheller.com


The last time I devoured a book, to my shame was The Twilight Saga, staying up way too late, snatching chapters while chopping veg, stirring a pot or having a wee !
But this book, this book I. Could. Not. Put. Down.
Everything else had to wait.
I had already read Child 44, Agent 6 and The Secret Speech,  all Tom Rob Smith's other books, enjoying the insight into Russia and it's ways, the intrigue and suspicion of life behind the Iron Curtain.
The Farm set in England and Sweden, showing the authors own heritage, had me completely drawn into it's pages, unsure of where I was being taken, what to believe or how this dark tale would end.
I lost hours.
Fed my family, pizza and oven chips.
Forgot to get the washing in when it rained and left the next load in the machine for a day !
So I am shocked to discover that not only have I finished the book ( 2 days ) but Oscar's socks are also nearly done ( just over a week )
And the Barbara Erksine, I was going to start from last week, lasted less than three chapters, yawn ! yawn !



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The farm socks are gorgeous....!
Oh and I must admit to reading the The Twilight Saga too ;)

mamasmercantile said...

Those socks are beautiful, a real delight.

Hannah said...

"Fed my family, pizza and oven chips.
Forgot to get the washing in when it rained and left the next load in the machine for a day !"
I loved this!! The measure of a good book is whether you can still cook dinner or if the next chapter is simply too urgent <3

Donna said...

I just love a good book that gets you that hooked. I haven't read one of those in quite some time. Great socks!

Jennifer Hays said...

There is nothing like a good book. Even when it means the rest of the family has to "suffer" just a little bit. :)

Lucy Bowen said...

Gorgeous socks and so nearly finished!

CathieJ said...

I love the socks. I'm not sure about the book.

Unknown said...

Oh I miss that feeling!

The socks look lovely! I've not finished an adult-sized pair yet.

Nat said...

The socks are just lovely! And my goodness it's a breath of fresh air to read that someone else resorts to Pizza and oven chips and leaves the washing out! :D Xxx