Sunday 28 November 2010

Baby, it's cold outside.

In just over a week, we have been plunged from blue skies, shorts and t-shirts, outdoor swimming and a sun wrapping us in her warmth,

to a frozen, snow covered land with temperatures barely making it out of the negative.


To say we are struggling would be an understatement, beds have been remade with flannel sheets and piled high with blankets,thermals have been unearthed, hats and scarfs always to hand and a pair of mittens for O frantically finished.
The fire is bringing not only, much needed warmth but brightness too, soothing our souls and lessening this harsh transition.
I collected greenery from around the garden this morning, followed faithfully by my girls.The house was filled with the scent of bay, fir and rosemary as O and I made up our advent ring, putting the first candle in place, ready for lighting later.
Always an inspiration, I loved reading Kelly's fine words over at The Magic Onions, guest blogging for the Discovering Waldorf series
Love and Light to All
x






5 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely snow! Stay warm my friend:)
xo
Linda

Erin said...

I collected greenery this morning too :))

Unknown said...

Lots of gathering of warm clothes here too! Lovely photos! :) x

Susan said...

Last week we had our first snow and bitter cold, but by Friday it was up to the 50s. I'll take the 50s...only snow in the mountains!

It is lovely, but I hope it doesn't mean we're in for a long winter.
xoxo

marcia said...

It's getting colder here too. I have procrastinated long enough, it's TIME to get all the warmer clothes and blankets out now!

happy day!